Relocating is a stressful process whether you are moving across town or across the country. There are hours of planning and preparation that go into moving house, and then there are all the details of life in a new place to learn, too. The trip from Dallas to Philadelphia is a long one, and it can feel even longer with all your worldly possessions riding along with you.
Texas Movers Group has been in the relocation business for over 20 years, and we know that long stretch of highway and the city of Philadelphia quite well. We are here to help make your relocation to the City of Brotherly Love safe and secure.
Relocating from Dallas to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Moving to Philadelphia is more than just driving from A to B. Here are a few points to ponder about relocating to Philadelphia from Dallas.
- Summer inside the city limits tends to be hot and humid, with daytime temperatures in the 80s and 90s. In the surrounding area it’s slightly cooler during the day, but south-eastern PA does experience the occasional heatwave from Maryland to the New York border. The summer season generally starts around Memorial Day and runs until about mid September.
- Fall weather begins in late September and early October, with daily temperatures in the 50s and 60s. Rainy weather is not uncommon in the fall, but the majority of fall days are crisp and cool with low humidity.
- Winters can be very cold in southeastern PA, with daily temperatures in the mid to low 20s, and sub-zero wind chills are common in January and February. Winter weather typically sets in around late November and runs until early March.
- Spring in PA begins March and runs all the way to the end of April. Humidity is higher, and daily temperatures are in the 60s and 70s most days.
- The Philadelphia School Districts boasts 326 schools from grades K-12 with an outstanding reputation for academic achievement.
- High school graduation rate is 82 percent.
- High school dropout rate is 1.5 percent.
- Average classroom size is 20 students.
Culture & Entertainment
- Famous as the birthplace of the United States, Philadelphia is chock-full of national heritage sites.
- The University City neighborhood is host to four of the top schools in the nation, and is surrounded by vibrant local and international culture, art and music.
- A major sports center and two sports/entertainment arenas can be found downtown, right alongside the famous Pat’s and Gino’s cheese steak shops.
- In addition to sports venues, Philadelphia has hundreds of music and arts venues spread out all over the city.
Why Choose Texas Movers Group For Your Move?
The reasons to choose our team for your move to Philadelphia are simple:
- All inclusive long distance moving services have our team pack, organize, load and transport your prized possessions, furniture and appliances safely and efficiently.
- Upon arrival, our team will place everything in your new home exactly where you want it to make unpacking stress-free.
- We use only the best eco-friendly packing materials to ensure your property is not damaged in transit.
- We offer assembly and disassembly services for appliances, furniture and more at the point of origin and in your new home.
- Texas Movers Group also provides secure storage services as needed both in Dallas and at your destination.
If you are planning to relocate from Dallas to Philadelphia, contact us today for an estimate and information. Let Texas Movers Group make your move East a truly world-class experience.